Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 9, 2010

Wow. I can’t believe I had to read a book to realize why I’m scared of realtionships


“But it’s probably a total waste,” I told him “Why bother?”

He put down the camera and looked at me, really looked at me, not through the lens, or from the side, just me and him. “That’s the big question, isn’t it?” he said. “That’s the whole problem here. I think they just might come out. Maybe they won’t be perfect- I mean, they could be blurred, or cut off in the middle- but I’m thinking it’s worth a short, That’s just me, though.”


I just stood there, blinking, as he lifted the camera up and took one more shot of me. I stared straight at him as it clicked, letting him know I got his little metaphor.

____________________________________________________

“But holding people away form you, and denying yourself love, that doesn’t make you strong. If anything, it makes you weaker. Because you’re doing it out of fear.”

“Fear of what?” I said.

“Of taking that chance,” she said simply. Of letting go and giving into it, and that’s what makes us what we are. Risks. That’s living. Being too sacred to even try it-that’s just a waste. I can say I made a lot of mistakes, but I don’t regret things. Because at lease I didn’t spend a life standing outside, wondering what living would be like.”

1 comment:

  1. I love Sarah Dessen's books! My favourite is "Just Listen"

    ReplyDelete